Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rascal Flatts, and Taylor Swift concert

Last night I worked at the Rascal Flatts, and Taylor Swift concert, selling merchandise. Taylor Swift opened, and it was great. She really got into the music. She sang Love Story, and another new song from her upcoming album, Fearless. She also sang a lot of old favorites from her first album.
There was one part of the concert where she started banging on the drums along with her backup singer, and fiddle player.
At the end of her performance, they asked for an encore, and she gave them another song, but afterwards they wanted even more, so she sang Another Picture to Burn.
Rascal Flatts' set up was awesome. There was a huge square cat walk going around the whole room. The stage was set up with a bunch of colorful lights, and moving backgrounds.
I usually like Taylor Swift more then Rascal Flatts, but I think they're concert, was the best concert I've ever seen. It was so energetic and fun! They were really interactive too. There was one little boy in the crowd that had bought one of their cowboy hats, and so the lead singer knelt down, picked him up, and walked him around the stage.
No one would come and buy anything during the actual concert part, so we were allowed to go and watch the concert! At the end of the concert, they released a bunch of balloons, and confetti. I got a blue balloon that says: Rascal Flatts, Bob That Head, and a handful of white confetti.
After the concert, we had to stay and count inventory. And then we had to take it downstairs (backstage), to the inventory room, and our leader told my friend and I that we could go looking for Rascal Flatts, and Taylor Swift. We ran into another friend, so we went searching together, and found out that we had just missed them. They had literally just pulled out. Which stunk. When we went down the elevator. They had gotten on, right before us. But anyway, we saw Taylor Swift's band, Rascal Flatts' dressing room, Rascal Flatts' equipment truck, and I did catch a glimpse of the lead singer of Rascal Flatts'.
I had a really cool time, it wasn't just working. It was a concert too! So yeah, I thought it was awesome. It's the best concert I've ever been to.

3 comments:

Layne said...

Oh to be so close and not get to meet them, that's a bummer, but at least you got to see the concert. :)

Erin said...

Wow, that sounds so amazing! I'd love to go to their concert.

Hannah said...

Yeah it was pretty awesome!
And it was disappointing that we were so close and didn't get to see them. But I was fine. It was fun sneaking back stage :)