Thursday, April 30, 2009

Summer, Writing, Trip

School's not out yet, so it's not "officially" summer. But it feels like it outside! The sun's finally found its way through the chillier, cloudy weather!
A couple of days ago, I spent an hour outside, during the hottest part of the day. I love the sun, but I hate sunscreen (we didn't have any anyway); so...I got burned. It's not too bad. I was wearing a tank top, and shorts, so the tops of my shoulders were burned, my chest was slightly burned, and my legs right below my shorts were burned.
Lately I've found it a little hard to write when I sit down in front of the typewriter. But to inspire myself, I've been listening to my favorite "inspiring" music (Hayley Westenra, Pride & Prejudice soundtrack, Lord of the Rings soundtrack, Narnia soundtrack, and Sense & Sensibility soundtrack), and looking at paintings. Paintings have always made me think about the stories behind the paintings. I've done it ever since I was a little girl. When I drew a picture, I would stare at it for a very long time. The whole time a story would be going through my head about the family. I didn't realize that I was creating stories anytime I drew a picture.
Right now I'm writing a story that I don't even remember thinking of. Yesterday I just sat down and started to type.
I'm going on a 2 week trip this June, to Kansas City! I'm going to the Awakening Teen Camp at The International House of Prayer. I'm really excited about it! I had to choose two class electives. I chose Drama, and the Prayer Room. Be praying for my trip. I still have some funds that need to come in. And also just pray that I would have a good time! Thanks :)

0 comments: