Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Time in Tennessee!

I don't think there can be a better holiday than Christmas! With all the decorations, history, presents (hee hee), gift giving, and love going around, it makes you feel happier, and more joyous than normal.
It really kicked in the day after Christmas when I started my Christmas shopping for family. I can't remember if we put up the tree before or after Christmas, but what matters is we put it up haha.
I usually start listening to Christmas music around...Halloween. Yes, I know...lots of people think that is strange, but I don't. Christmas music is my favorite :)
This was my first Christmas with my brother not here, and my sister at work. So Christmas morning was very different, but it was still good! My Nana was here, so there were five people waking up at 5:30 (or 4:30 lol like me), and digging into their stockings, and unwrapping pretty gifts.
I got a boombox, that also hooks up to my mp3 player, Celtic Woman: A New Journey, Josh Groban Awake LIVE, A CD of Harp music, 10th Anniversary Edition of Pride & Prejudice BBC, August Rush, Jon and Kate Plus Ei8ht Seasons 1 & 2, Needle Felting supplies, A new coat, A new vest, bath stuff, A gift card from Target, Aerie, and Kohl's, A new book that I've never read (squee!), and a new Willow Tree Angel (I collect them :) I know there's probably more, but it's hard to think of it all at once.
I got Prince Caspian (3-disc) for my mom, August Rush (lol) for my sister, Playmobils for my little brother, National Treasure 2 for my older brother, and Thou Shalt Laugh 3 for my dad.
I had a fun Christmas season. I went to see my friend perform in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, she was Beth. I laughed a lot, it was really fun. I went to Dollywood 3 or 4 times for the Christmas season. All the lights, and shows are beautiful. The new Polar Express 4D was awesome too!
It's sad that it's all over, and soon we'll be putting up the Christmas Tree, and all our decorations, but I had lots of fun, and can look forward to next year's Christmas!

0 comments: